Privacy Principles1) Accountability: All RTC Online employees are responsible for maintaining and protecting all Personal Information under their control. 2) Identifying Purposes: Unless the purposes for collecting personal information are obvious and the customer voluntarily provides his or her personal information for those purposes, we will communicate the purposes for which personal information is being collected, either orally or in writing, before or at the time of collection. With your permission, we may collect, use and disclose Personal Information about you to
- identify you and communicate with you generally.
- process your orders and/or applications for the purchase of product or service.
- establish and maintain a relationship with you, and to provide you with ongoing service.
- develop an understanding of your needs and eligibility for products and services.
- administer contests, rebates and other promotions.
- protect you, and us, against error and fraud.
- administer merchandise refunds/exchanges.
- provide warranties for products and services.
- comply with legal requirements
We inform our customers, before or at the time of collecting personal information, of the purposes for which we are collecting the information. The only time we do not provide this notification is when a customer volunteers information for an obvious purpose (for example, producing a credit card for a purchase when the information will be used to process payment).
7) Safeguards: We know you are concerned about the security of the information you provide to us. To address this concern, we have developed processes and procedures to keep your Personal Information safe and secure. We have appropriate safeguards in place depending on the sensitivity of the information, including;
- Physical: locked filing cabinets/drawers, Technological: password-protected computers/files and Organizational: RTC Online employees are trained in the importance of safeguarding your Personal Information from loss and unauthorized access.
We have taken strong measures to ensure the security of your transactions and the confidentiality of your Personal Information. It is also important that you take all necessary precautions as well to help keep your Personal Information safe and secure at all times. To learn more, you may wish to consult the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada’s Web site and any applicable provincial privacy commissioners for more information.
- RTC Online Website: www.rtcelectronics.ca is owned and operated by RTC Electronics Corp.
- Security: For security of transactions, we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts any information you send to us electronically. The encryption process protects your information by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer. Once the website receives your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our system. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
- Password Protection: When you create an online account on our rtcelectronics.ca, you need to select a personal password. To maximize your level of protection, you should choose at least 6 characters including a combination of both letters and numbers. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and any account information. RTC Online will never send an unsolicited communication asking you for your password or requesting that you update your account credentials.
- Unlawful Activities: We may disclose personal information obtained through our website in order to co-operate with local, provincial, national and international authorities investigating improper or unlawful activities or to report improper or unlawful user activities on this website.
- Log Files: We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to any personally identifiable information.
- Links: Our web site contains links to other web sites. RTC Online is not responsible for the privacy practices of any other website other than our own. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects Personal Information.
- Cookies: As you browse RTC Online’s website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
8) Openness: We have made our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information, readily available on our website at www.rtcelectronics.ca and will provide this information to anyone that sends us an inquiry in writing.
9) Individual Access: Upon written request, you may access and verify your Personal Information and find out to whom we have disclosed it. At the time of your request, we will need specific information from you to verify your identity, before we can provide you with the Personal Information we hold. In addition, you must provide sufficient information in your request to allow us to identify the information you are seeking.
There may be instances when we will not be able to provide you with the Personal Information that you request. Examples are if the Personal Information;
- contains references to other persons.
- has already been destroyed because we no longer needed it for our purposes.
- is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
- is not subject to disclosure for other legal reasons.
If we refuse a request for access to information, in whole or in part, we will provide the reasons for the refusal. We may also refer you to your federal or provincial privacy commissioner (if applicable) for more information.
10) Challenging Compliance: If you have questions, concerns, or complaints about your privacy or Personal Information, you may contact us at the address listed below. We will inform you of our complaint procedures and will assist you in resolving the situation. If a complaint is found to be justified, appropriate measures will be taken including, if necessary, amending our practices and procedures.