We at RTC Online want our customers to be completely satisfied with their purchase, because happy customers tell their friends about our products and services.
Terms & Conditions of sale.PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY! IT CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS, AS WELL AS LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU. THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS A DISPUTE RESOLUTION CLAUSE. The following terms and conditions govern the sale of products by RTC Electronics & its subsidiaries RTC Online, www.rtcelectronics.ca By submitting your online order to Rtcelectronics.ca, you have indicated your acceptance to be bound by these terms and conditions of sale. At Rtcelectronics.ca’s sole discretion, these terms and conditions may be changed without prior notice at any time before Rtcelectronics.ca accepts your order.
Warranty Information.All merchandise we sold on www.rtcelectronics.ca carries either a manufacturer warranty or a limited in house warranty. You are entitled to the manufacturer’s limited expressed warranty, if any, that accompanies the product. www.rtcelectronics.ca makes no additional or independent warranty on such items. All other warranties, expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchant-ability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. RTC Electronics & its subsidiaries RTC Online, www.rtcelectronics.ca shall under no circumstances be liable for special, incidental, or consequential damages including loss of profit, even if it has been advised of the possibility of such damages; the maximum liability for all direct damages, if any, arising out of any action shall be limited to an amount not to exceed the purchase price of the product.
Limited Manufacturer’s warranty.Most manufacturers offer a standard warranty against defects. Such warranties typically cover the product for at least one year from the date of invoice. RTC online is a broker of computer and electronics equipment. Rtcelectronics.com purchases the products on your behalf from the distributor or vendor. Merchandise that carry a manufacturer warranty will be honored by the manufacturer or their agent. All such warranty claims should be directed to the designated manufacturer’s (local distributor) channels & in accordance with the manufacturer warranty policies.
- RTC Online warrants that it has good title to the hardware Products it sells, and that it has proper authority to license the software products it distributes.
- RTC Online does not warrant the performance or integrity of any Product, but merely passes through to the customer whatever end-user warranty the manufacturers or software publishers provide with their respective Products.
- RTC ONLINE DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY AND USE FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limited warranty.For online purchases, the return period begins on the date the items are delivered. Warranty Period is determined by the Product Type:
- Switches, signal converters & all other electronic products: 1 year.
- Cables and non-electronic products: Lifetime.
- Mounts,Brackets & Network Cabinets: Lifetime.
- Networking components (Patch panels, modules, plugs): 1 year.
- Batteries & other energy storing devices: 6 months.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. RTCELECTRONICS.COM MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR MERCHANTABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL RTCELECTRONICS.COM BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUCH AS LOSS OF PROFITS OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL RTCELECTRONICS.COM LIABILITY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT(S).
ReturnsReturns of Products are subject to RTC Online’s current return policies which are set forth here on our website and on the invoice. These policies may be subject to additional or lesser return rights adopted by the manufacturer or publisher. The Terms of Sale represent the complete and final agreement between the customer and RTC Online for the matters set forth herein and shall be supplemented only by the prices, quantity, and descriptions set forth in RTC Online’s invoice for the relevant sale. Terms contained in customers’ purchase orders, offers to buy, terms and conditions, and the like shall have no effect.
- For Refunds: All returns for refund must be authorized by RTC Online within 30 days of the delivery date. There is NO RESTOCKING FEE applied to any returned item(s). However, S&H cost is not refundable.
- Out of Stock or Discontinued Items: If you return a product for replacement and it is Out of Stock or Discontinued when the item is received, you may be contacted by the RTC Online Returns team and offered a suitable replacement or option for a store credit.
- For Replacements: Replacements will be provided for any defective product within the specified warranty period for that product. RTC Online will only replace item(s) for the exact same item(s) during its warranty period. Sorry, we cannot exchange one item with a different item. The Product ID (SKU) must be the same.
Mini DisplayPort to HDMI / DVI / VGA AdaptersConsumable / 1-time use items will include but are not limited to: Disposable batteries, universal battery packs (Lithium Ion / NiMH), Cleaning products (containing cleaning fluid), screen protectors, heat shrink tubing, thermal paste, zip ties.
Return Policy for Consumable Items and BatteriesAdapters are not considered cables but fall into the adapters category. It contains active circuitry normally not found in a standard cable that converters one signal to another. As such, this item would be considered as an electronic item and would be covered under a year warranty from date of purchase.
**Please note the items under this category may be subject to change at RTC Online's discretion.
Consumables ( i.e. , cleaning fluid, lead Acid Batteries) – Cannot be replenished. Mechanical parts and other accessories associated with the item will still be covered under our normal warranty policy.One-time use Items ( i.e. , Screen protectors, Heatshrink tubing, networking keystones, Zip ties) – Improper installation of these items will not be covered. Any defects or issues will need to be reported to RTC Online within 5-days of receiving the item in order to qualify for a replacement. The warranty will not cover normal wear & tear of the item(s) once the item(s) has been installed/used. Returns cannot be accepted if more than 5% of the overall quantity is used. Disposable Alkaline Batteries – will not be covered under warranty. Normal 30-day return policy will apply only if item(s) is unopened and in the original packaging.
Location based Performance Items (bad reception):
- – HDTV Antennas
- – WiFi Adapters
- – IR Extenders
- – Wii IR Sensor Bar
- – Bluetooth Products
Returns for location based and wireless items:Location based/wireless items include, but are not limited to; TV Antennas, Wireless remotes, PCI/USB wireless LAN cards/dongles, Wireless Video extenders, Wireless IR extenders, Wireless routers/printer servers, Wii remotes/accessories, wireless cameras, wireless speakers, etc. At RTC Online, we strive for complete customer satisfaction. Occasionally situations exists which necessitate for a product to be returned for a replacement. Since these are “Location based items” and the quality of performance greatly depends on the positioning/location and obstacles, it will be at the sole discretion of the RTC Online Returns department to determine whether the item is to be considered defective. We will ask a series of questions and there may be some troubleshooting involved. If upon review the item is determined to be defective, the Returns department will issue a return authorization number (RMA) and return instructions will be emailed.
Bulk Item Replacement PolicyItem(s) that belong in this category include but are not limited to; networking bulk cable, Rg6 Bulk cable, Microphone cable, or lengths of un-terminated cable longer than 100 ft. In general, RTC Online does no allow partial returns of any item. We often require the item back before we can issue a replacement. For Bulk cable items (which are often used in portions and installed directly into the wall) this can cause potential problems for our customers. We urge all customers to test the entire cable BEFORE installing to prevent these situations. In the event a portion of a product is found to be defective; we may be able to offer partial returns as listed below:
- If more than 50-100% is used before encountering defective cable, request to check stock for returns of cable of same length and gauge*.
- If less than 50% of the cable is used, we request all the cable to be returned and will send an entire new unit.
Open Box ItemsOpen Box items are previously purchased products that were returned to Monoprice.com and are still in as-good-as-new condition. Open box items have been thoroughly tested to ensure proper performance and quality before being repackaged and made available to you at amazing prices. That’s not all. We guarantee the quality of our open box items with the same warranties as our new products.
- √ Switches and other electronic products: 1 year
- √ Cables and non-electronic products: Lifetime